Sunday, May 13, 2007

Roland's Big Day









Andrew and Roland with the 2007 pace car; Roland, Andrew and Alex with 2007 Super Bowl-winning Colts tight end Ben Utecht.

May 13 was not only Mother's Day, it was a very special day for my cousin Roland. Roland almost died when he was born. Because he almost died, he got a lot of publicity. Riley Hospital and the Riley Children's Foundation made Roland their poster boy.

We left the house about 10:00 a.m. Along the way, we had a discussion about the laundry room. It was always messy, and we always got grounded for it. We each got grounded for two days, and we promised not to do it again.

We got to the track about 10:40. We had to find a parking place so we could start walking around. We went into a big building filled with food and people. We sat and had lunch. Roland ate a lot of chicken.

After that, we started to walk around. We saw a lot of racers. I got an autograph from a racer who qualified to be in the Indy 500. I also got the autograph from one of the Colts football players. Then I decided it was getting too hot and went to stand by the stage.

Then the Dave and Rae band performed. I know Rae, and I had no idea she was going to be there. The crowd loved her, and I think she is really good at what she does. The concert ended, then we loaded in the car and left.

Now I'm over my father's house, and he's going to teach me how to cook.