Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Thanks to G-Unity

I found out today that G-Unity, the foundation established by rapper 50 Cent, is going to pay for my stay in New York while I attend the Dance Theatre of Harlem Summer Intensive. They didn't have to give it. It's cool that they did. My family couldn't really afford the $1,500 it costs for me to live in New York for six weeks.

Now I have to try and cut grass and do other chores for my neighbors so I can earn some spending money and part of the remaining costs. Yesterday, we went to the bank to deposit some money I earned planting an orchard over the weekend. Tante Becca told us how much it costs to live in New York, and my cousin Roland said I could have his money because he was afraid I wouldn't be able to go.

We also found out that The Today Show will mention all this at about 9:20 a.m. on Friday. Hope you'll all be watching!

No comments: